Share charters are a good option for singles and couples on a budget. Some places there are party boats, group charters or a way to "join a group" or buy a "spot" but here in Kona it's just known as a share charter. There are only a few operations in Kona that are even capable of regularly putting a shared charter together because a certain number of people are needed for a share charter to even take place. Some boats offer share charters but have so few customers that they have little to no chance of making a share charter actually happen. Full day share on the Aloha Kai with Capt. Jeff Rogers. Here's how it works: Here are the dates of shares that have been initiated and waiting for somone to book the other 1/2 of the boat. 1/2 day share on the Sea Wife II with Capt. Kent Mongreig.
I run the only viable full day share charter option in Kona and also listed below is the best 1/2 day share charter boat in Kona.
* You can initiate a share charter on any available day (email or call me).
* 1 or 2 people book 1/2 of the Aloha Kai for full day share charter (never more than 2).
* The available share date will be listed below.
* When the share is completed by 1 or 2 others (never more than 2), the date below will dissapear.
* The cost for 1/2 of the boat (1 or 2 doesn't matter) is $375 + 7% Hawaii excise and Harbor tax.
* If by chance a share is not reached by the date of your charter, we will still go fishing. You can stay with a full day charter at full exclusive charter price or you can reduce your charter down to a 3/4 day exclusive to save money.
Email Jeff@FISHinKONA.com or call 808-895-1852 (No texting please) for reservation instructions. It's best if you have my web site open when you call.
April 18th share available.
June 13th share available.
YOU can initiate a full day share charter on any date that I have open for a charter.
The earlier you start the share process, the better chance there is of making a completed share charter happen.
Last year, 95% of the shares were completed.
Please don't get confused. The boat above is the Aloha Kai fishing with Capt. Jeff.
The boat below is the Sea Wife II fishing with Capt. Kent.
The Sea Wife II is a 38' Delta and is the only fishing vessel in Kona licensed to take out more than 6 passengers. On a share charter, they limit the number of "anglers" to 8 or less and other passengers can come along at a "ride along" price.
If you have more than 6 people in a fishing party, this is your only choice of boats.
Anglers are $109 + tax and a "ride along" is $59 + tax.
Exclusive charters (not shared) available.
Email the owner, Amber at: Amber@FISHinKONA.com for more information.
Full day share on the Aloha Kai with Capt. Jeff Rogers. Here's how it works:
Here are the dates of shares that have been initiated and waiting for somone to book the other 1/2 of the boat.
1/2 day share on the Sea Wife II with Capt. Kent Mongreig.